Type of fixings to fit 2 wooden blinds on plasterboard wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

I want to fit two wooden venetian blinds on a plasterboard wall its a bay window with sizes 40cm and 1.17 cm respectively . I m not sure on the type of fixing to select . As there are 2 holes on each bracket this make me to selelct the small anchors and not the spring toggles ones as they will both fitted on the top of the recess and the spring toggle requires a bigger drill hole. Can anyone who knows advise me about the type of fixing on plasterboard hollow wall.

Thank you ,
M

Sponsored Links
If the wall's hollow, I like to use hollow wall anchors.
But sometimes they sound hollow but the boards are dot'n'dab (stuck to the wall)
So you may find that there could be either masonry or even a metal lintel behind the board.
So if you do have a masonry surface behind boards, it would be best to drill straight through board and in to wall behind it and stick a raw plug in.

That would depend on the size and weight of the blinds, What I would suggest is you have a fixing point for each screw hole that is on the blinds.

Sponsored Links
Another thing I have noticed is that there is a slight slope on the top of the recess (1cm difference) which does not allow the blind to be 100% alligned If both brackets are Fit on the top : so I can either

A] fit both brackets on the Top and ignoring this slope .

Or
B] Fit one bracket to the side of the recess and the other bracket to the top of the recess to make the blind alligned .

Which one would you choose ?

This is the first time to fit venetian blinds .

Thank you

M

I would personally want the blind to be level or as near as damn it. Not sure if it would be aesthetically pleasing to the eye. But at least the blind will function correctly.
If it really bothered me, I would fill the window reveal out, to bring it back to somewhere near.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back