Hanging Curtain Pole on Slanted Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I'm not very good at DIY, however i'm really stuck with this problem here.

I've recently moved into a house and have two rooms without curtains but as it's light quite late now I need to get this sorted. We have bought some curtain rails ready but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 520
Sponsored Links
Sorry to be rude but could you explain it as you were talking to a five year old as I have no idea what you mean? :) But thank you very much for your help!

Maria

You could take a piece of timber maybe 60cm longer than the window, and screw it to the wall, 30 cm on each side of the window, so it forms a bridge across where the ceiling is. Then fix the track to that.
If you have aluminium track, and not too heavy curtains, you may be able just to bridge the window without the timber

Or measure the gap and screw the track into the edges of the window opening

Or screw to the actual window frame, depending what it is made from

Probably batter is to do option one with an aluminium track, possibly supported in the centre by adding a wedge shaped piece of timber to link to the ceiling

Sponsored Links
Probably batter is to do option one with an aluminium track, possibly supported in the centre by adding a wedge shaped piece of timber to link to the ceiling
... or a bevel-ripped batten. Alternatively the OP might consider a round curtain pole with or without a pelmet or possibly a roller blind solution

Can't see any problem , enough space above window to secure a curtain rail too.
Why put it on the ceiling.?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back