Hanging kitchen units, bare brick walls, plasterboard ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm renovating my house, trying to do as much as I can.
So plenty of questions and googling along the way.

The house doesn't have a cavity, just two layers of bricks next to each other.
I've removed all the old plaster and going to use thermally insulated plasterboard i.e. http://www.sheffins.co.uk/show_prod.asp?ProdID=312&CatID=21&SubCatID=83 (still not chosen a product, so advice on that is welcome).

My question is with hanging the kitchen cupboards, if I have the insulated plasterboard dot/dab on the wall, I would need long screws to attach cupboard hangers/fixings. Would there not be too much leverage on the screws and plasterboard when the cupboards are full?

(obviously I am just learning but all advice welecome)
Cheers

Sponsored Links
You can replace 100mm sections along the top of cup'd position with strips of ply to depth of plasterboard screwed to wall and fix to that or simply install the ply behind the plasterboard so there is no compression of board when fixing.

Don't forget that the insulated plasterboard also needs mechanical fixings as well as the dot'n'dab. MI's will state this. ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back