hanging solar panel on a wall - what rails?

Actually referring to the second question. You would require dimensions and weight of the frame parts.

Sponsored Links
6LWfeu4aWZCr8ZvEP4-LNb8ne5ESfyPN_uu1VFLvw-3pRhHqZdv-cwhqi_cBX2yX5iyVHIvmU_9wqfOa60sCAmw_bBzu_eUn9-jOlfPND0V1-XdDayRvNGoIxV6ySLcv9WpgZMyFNQzaF6QYmRNCMR3un9u-WoUFQcMvUSYmwVBfjfbXWGWw0YWGV0v_KwNW8Cy8nVvewSVQa8X5_dm8NNb69OzLmSBwVGwlL8Z5Oe03QTS0JQEAsmkScVqT3Yh-nYbFMYPNYUBfrUJ1b_p8El142RXOoyEAjTujeWz46WumM9fB2vJTllQOu5RkRI50I9yqBLSct6RCdTpyWHedPvL3D-OXnQxwguBFgveIlckJrLy5HE1RBiH_lkPm7s1S4GWEl7l1ucetNxGiwEdWHDhJsFTO7YMXeCJkXyd-Tyx0d-jRR2MDkS79vWHLQUE1naFy7EFnX6Zv9XO32HBd-iVKo7RT7aUZiUgW_vbSMiagYuoet78IUzd7WiDA5emZwpIYlXH11iM_3OzdarZfSzCnuVB5mZAIQblIHdqNY_Fj6Pkm3_HiQ7O53SHar4Wrgtr7wsg4SFA7wguxc1nT0nr2R4LWsgB7Qpd4K3bE3y1r2e-tugVAeKj1LLoLfFD7IIVhy55fDarodAcYwX7ELcNaq4sVrdJx4D2QvOW5SrplxHRhLqTMw1-ke5HW=w1098-h469-no

Weight attached 50kg (currently is 32kg but i am ambitious!)
Steel frame
Steel pulleys
Steel wire
I want to determine what potion of force will be directed to the floor and what portion towards the guy at the end of the rope.
Will the structure topple over without side support to a wall?
The wall in the room is quite crumbly so is the floor hence the problem.

Weight attached 50kg (currently is 32kg but i am ambitious!)
Steel frame
Steel pulleys
Steel wire
I want to determine what potion of force will be directed to the floor and what portion towards the guy at the end of the rope.
Will the structure topple over without side support to a wall?
The wall in the room is quite crumbly so is the floor hence the problem.
As said, it depends on the weight of the frame parts and the dimension of the parts of the frame shown. If you don't know or care to guess then you have to assume that there will be at least 50kg pull at the wall.

Sponsored Links
As said, it depends on the weight of the frame parts and the dimension of the parts of the frame shown. If you don't know or care to guess then you have to assume that there will be at least 50kg pull at the wall.
2m tall, 30cm square (to accommodate 22cm 5kg plates) - the drawing is not to scale.
Weight of the frame about ~10kg
I tested it with low weight when standing right next to it, as on the right side of the drawing, and pulling directly down (triceps extension).
This resulted with no side force at all.
Similar result with bicep curl, as on the left side of the drawing, while standing right next to the "machine".
No side motion observed.
Thus far this is fine.
Only when trying a row while standing further away, there is some play in the frame.
Sadly, I skipped physics at school!

If the frame is going to tip over it will pivot around the legs nearest the person pulling. Assuming a height of 140 cm above the floor for the horizontal wire, the moment trying tp pull the frame over will be at least 50*1.4 = 70kgm. The moment opposing this will be (for a weightless frame) 15cm times 50kg (so 50*.15 = 7.5 kgm). If the frame weighs 10kg then the opposing moment is 9 kgm. So, the frame will certainly fall over and must be fixed to the wall. As high as possible will give the best results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back