hanging upvc door tommorrow help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there wonder if you can point me in the right direction as to hang this door ,its a upvc one which ive just removed the inner panel as to lighten it a bit ,now i know the opening has 5 mm approx eitherside and 10 mm height clearence as ive done the brickwork .could you tell me where to use the packers is it about 6 "from top and bottom eitherside and one in the middle ,the sill is setting in the bricks overnight so hopefully solid for the morning many thanks tim
p.s do you lock the door i.e enguage the hook lock prior to packing the frame to keep it square in the frame

Sponsored Links
Packers you are ok with.

As for fixing the frame, just latch the door but dont engage the hooks, square the frame up as best you can but no need to be bang on as you can fine adjust when you toe and heel the door itself.

I assume you know how to toe and heel! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back