Hansgrohe IBOX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any one had problems with the flow rate from the ibox system.
I have piped up 22mm feeds and outlets and find the flow is not as good as expected.
The water channels in the ibox are quite small about 12mm so is this norm from this system?
Pete

Sponsored Links
Yes. They're not very good, esp if you use the combined bath shower diverter thing. Max flow with a 4 bar pump is about 25 litres/min. It's quite a bit better if you winkle out the piddling little non return valves in the back of the white plastic bit. If you want I'll go and measure it for you!
You will of course then put nrv's in the supply pipes, when you get round to it.

Thanks Chris
The model I installed uses the ifix overflow filler and is combined shower too.
Will have a go at removing the non return valves
Cheers
Pete

ifix overflow filler
I used an overflow filler which looks almost the same but cost a lot less. It has two 15mm inputs, so I split the 22 from the ibox and put 15mm plastic into them both. Don't know if it makes much difference.
What's your pressure /flow rate?

iirc for the mixer they quote 40 litres/min at 3 bar if you use separate on/off valves, 25l at 3 bar if combined bath/shower.
They're not over endowed with understanding in the technical department though :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The install is for a customer, the pressure and flow is very high in the flat from a thermal store.
Have not guaged it yet just from eye and the drop is significant.
Originally I used flexy braided pipes but changed to 22mm full bore when I saw the drop.
The flow/pressure is not poor just no way near as good as before.
P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back