Hard Brexit - food, fuel, drug shortages

Blimey all sounds . Scary tbh :eek: will there be food rationing ? petrol rationing ? any one know ?

A complete break down of law and order :eek: may be ? a collapse of all financial institutions ? hospitals shutting down ? power stations off grid ?

What about my fortnightly bin collection :eek: will the council still be able cut the grass out side my house :eek:

Sponsored Links
so lets hope the UK government can decide what it wants to do and strike a deal.

So far the government is arguing among itself.

Despite Theresa's lunatic claim, it is likely that the "no deal" scenario will not come to pass. In which case the worst effects may be avoided.

Mind you, we do have a few mad Quitters around, trying to force through total isolation from the EU. Who knows what damage they could cause if they got their way.

Which of the four possible options do you think the UK will go for?

Boris Johnson should be sacked & kicked out the door for starters he could be the ambassador to Ahfganistan were his diplomatic nous should stand him in good stead :)

Sponsored Links
Plan.jpg

That is exactly what John has been saying for the last few months - no-one knows, or will admit to knowing, or is in a position to decide.

Blimey is it that serious :eek:

So my bins may not be emptied ? and the grassed public area out side my house may not be cut then ?

:eek:

I'm not sure if your misunderstanding is deliberate to try and scaremonger about a catastrophic brexit or if you just need things explaining in a simple way

No-one knows what type of brexit we are heading for yet so the government is being diligent in planning for a variety of scenarios. The doomsday scenario is highly unlikely because it would be akin to a declaration of war on the UK by the EU. It would mean bigger effective economic sanctions on the UK by the EU than the EU has imposed on Russia or Syria.

Not only that, we would have had some advance warning that the EU was planning to pull up the drawbridge and would already have had the option to start sourcing food, medicines, essential supplies etc from all the other countries in the world that aren't in the EU.

Doomsday scenario remainers always seem to forget that trade between the UK and the rest of the EU flows in two directions.

Sanctions? War? What utter tosh. The doomsday scenario is exactly what Rees mogg are arguing. We are the ones who can't decide what we want.

The chutzpah at the start of negotiations has evaporated. David David non analysis of the sectoral impact. The hard negotiation stance all fallen flat.

We can't source substitute products from outside the EU like the drop of the hat. A hard brexit will tank the currency.

No-one knows what type of brexit we are heading for yet so the government is being diligent in planning

Rather a pity that the government has undiligently spent two years bumbling around without being able to make up its collective mind and decide which option it wants.

As you say. No one knows what the government will end up trying to do. Certainly not the government or the Quitters. Which option are YOU hoping for?

Brexit Omnishambles.

So if this is all true. Massive traffic jams. Goods not being able to get hear. Would the same not be happening the other side of the channel? A bit of a no winner so why make things hard.

Because they can

please explain why you think that there is a connection between the UK cancelling all our trading and regulatory agreements with the 27, and a major war
Please explain why you think that the UK resigning from our trading and regulatory agreements with the 27 will have no effect on our trading with those nations

Please explain why you think that the UK resigning from the trading and regulatory agreements that the EU has with the world's other major nations will have no effect on our trading with all those other nations

Are you one of those people who think that resigning from your local golf club has no effect on your ability to play golf there?

Project fear failed to stop us voting out. This is now a follow on.

Sanctions? War? What utter tosh. The doomsday scenario is exactly what Rees mogg are arguing. We are the ones who can't decide what we want.

The chutzpah at the start of negotiations has evaporated. David David non analysis of the sectoral impact. The hard negotiation stance all fallen flat.

We can't source substitute products from outside the EU like the drop of the hat. A hard brexit will tank the currency.
I don't agree we can't decide what we want. We know exactly what we want, but the EU is not prepared to compromise at the moment. However, their hard stance cuts both ways. A number of EU countries depend on our trade and a compromise will eventually be found.

I'm not suggesting that we need to substitute products at the drop of a hat. We have will have notice of an impending hard brexit and companies will have opportunity to source product elsewhere. Which is exactly what my company is doing right now.

I don't agree we can't decide what we want. We know exactly what we want, but the EU is not prepared to compromise at the moment.
At last, a quitter who admits that what 'we' want is simply not available.

We have will have notice of an impending hard brexit and companies will have opportunity to source product elsewhere. Which is exactly what my company is doing right now.
Here is a road map for you, compliments of the Times:
With only 16 10 months left before Brexit, UK companies face a daunting to-do list to prepare for customs, scrutinise supply chains, redraw contracts, develop contingency plans and much more. The sheer range of tasks businesses need to undertake ahead of the UK’s scheduled departure date of March 29 2019 — and the accompanying logistical difficulties — are one of the principal reasons Theresa May’s government is seeking to negotiate a two-year transition agreement with the EU.
1. Build corporate customs infrastructure
2. Obtain Authorised Economic Operator status
3. Decide whether to make use of an EU free-trade agreement
4. Map and audit supply chains
5. Audit all international contracts, renegotiate some
6. Ensure adequate cash flow for VAT and additional inventory
7. Develop a contingency plan
8. Know your employees’ nationalities
9. Intellectual property
https://www.ft.com/content/a9204df0-da84-11e7-a039-c64b1c09b482

You had better get busy.

Last edited: