Hard earned talent

It is a load of ******.....and no matter who wins this moron competition they will be xmas number 1 ...real artists have not got a chance....majority of them have never held a musical instrument

Sponsored Links
It's only a number 1 if people buy the record. It;s our duty to point out to as many people as possible that it;s about clever sales techniques and not about talent. Perhaps one of the clearest examples that we've ever had is the XMas several years ago when Rick Astley released "When I Fall in Love" which was completely anhililated when Nat King Cole's version was released alongside.

Quality and hard earned professional integrity will always shine through.

It's only a number 1 if people buy the record. It;s our duty to point out to as many people as possible that it;s about clever sales techniques and not about talent. Perhaps one of the clearest examples that we've ever had is the XMas several years ago when Rick Astley released "When I Fall in Love" which was completely anhililated when Nat King Cole's version was released alongside.

Quality and hard earned professional integrity will always shine through.

Yes, it will shine through for the people who know what good music/artists are but me and you will never get them to number1....you are right though the marketing guys have got it boxed off...just get a plastic singer,bring out a plastic cover version of a classic and aim it at the plastic audience and hey presto a xmas no1

Last week I explained the concept to my daughter, asking her to imagine an unattractive pebble, polished, and put in a shiny and highly lit glass cabinet in a nice part of Debenhams. She realised that it was still a rather uninteresting pebble.

This week, even though XFactor was on the box, she didn't seem as interested and went upstairs to her room to read (I honestly made no comment not hint in any way shape nor form). So maybe and hopefully she's recognised it for what it is.

Sponsored Links
It's on again in the background. Just heard what sounded to me like a particularly poor contestant singing off key and badly, and though tto myself that this fella needs to be voted off. Turned out it was a professional guest group who actually go on tour, sell albums etc and make a living out of making this sh*te noise. :rolleyes:

I can honestly say I have not watched one of this series programs of the X Factor. I know all about Rylan being the worst singer though (he's the comedy act apparently) through my friends posts on Faceache.

I do agree with the OP. It seems to me that to become a good classical musician requires years and years of very hard work, to say nothing of talent.

To become a pop musician requires good luck and a rich backer, and many seem to get away without any need for talent!

Last week I explained the concept to my daughter, asking her to imagine an unattractive pebble, polished, and put in a shiny and highly lit glass cabinet in a nice part of Debenhams. She realised that it was still a rather uninteresting pebble.

I'd want to see the pebble.

Cal

Most of it is rubbish, but what you need to remember is that if it is popular, it will sell. Doesn't matter if the singer has the technical brilliance of a block of lard or not, if people like their songs, they will buy them. Older more experienced performers don't have the visual impact the producers are looking for that the teenagers do.

Look how many people knocked Susan Boyle, but, whether you like her music or not, you have to admit she has a good voice.

Just who the heck do these jumped up little squirts think they are my being able to vaguely sing vaguely in (a random) tune on the X-factor???
I think you are being too critical - they are probably singing all the right notes, just not in the right order....... As to holding a tune, most of them couldn't hold on in a bucket. Just another part of the "mediocratic" society we all seem to live in where so many people appear to think they have talent, intelligence, education, etc, etc. I am, of course, one of them
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back