Hard to reach WC cistern wing nut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Needed to get cistern off a close coupled toilet which was fitted very close to a cabinet on one side, meaning I needed to undo both wing nuts from one side.
When refitting I couldn’t do the one on the far side, with the washer. Just too awkward to reach and do one handed. Mild arthritis in that hand doesn’t help. Ended up taking whole WC out, and refitting.
Does anything exist that might make this easier in future, like a kind of box spanner I could insert the wing nut and into to thread it back on more easily? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Cut a hole in the cabinet.

Or even one of these, as long as the nut hasn't rusted.

Andy

Cheers Andy
Option one ain’t an option sadly :LOL:
Will check out the tool, looks promising. Nuts weren’t rusted just couldn’t re-thread both the washer and wing nut at the same time with one hand on the opposite side to where I was going in.

I have cut through many cabinets for access to a toilet.

Also, put grease on the bolt and push the washer up onto the thread, the grease will hold it up while you do up the wing nut. I was taught this by a mechanic.

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back