Hardibacker on walls and Orbry wetroom shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm hoping for some advise please.

In my new loft ensuite bathroom, we are having a wetroom shower. The builders have put Hardibacker 12mm Boards on the walls where the shower will be and I have an Orbry shower tray and Orbry boards to waterproof the floor. I have some Orbry Tape and sealing compound for all joins and corner etc.

Will this sealing compounded, described on the tub as a highly flexible synthetic latex coating, be ok to use on the Hardibacker board? Will it stick to it ok?

The tub States that it is recommended for use on; Concrete Floors, Plaster and Plasterboard, Masonry, Wood, Ceramics.

Anyone with any experience?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
How come the builder's are not dealing with this issue?

Call Orbry for advice.

How come the builder's are not dealing with this issue?

Call Orbry for advice.

Long story but the loft companies plumber wasn't prepared to do a wet room.

I have already spoken to Orbry but they couldn't give a definite answer as they didn't know everything about the Hardibacker product.

So that is why I'm seeking advice and replies from anyone helpful people on here that may have actual experience of this.

Sponsored Links
Would have been much more sensible to put Orbry boards on the shower walls instead of Hardie.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back