HardieBacker - Gripfil vs New Foam Adhesive question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Couple of questions really.......

I have previously applied Hardiebacker to a solid wall with Gripfill and Brown Plugs / 60mm Stainless Screws, pretty much as the Hardie suggested method. I am now applying some in our relatively small bathroom....

Question 1. I really don't like the solvent smell from the gripfill and wondered if the solvent free would be any good, I have never used it......

Question 2. I have seen the new Hardie foam PU adhesive and wondered if anyone has used that successfully. There seems to be no information on the Hardie website regarding its use and very little generally on the internet. I also wondered if there is any difference between the Hardie PU foam adhesive and the Soudal version which is almost half the price. I have used the Soudal very succesfully with plasterboard. I would probably screw it as well but like the way the foam works......

Interested to hear views on the above, thank you.

Sponsored Links
GripFill solvent-free (yellow tube) works as well as the traditional stuff. The only thing I find is that it can take longer to set, especially in cold weather. Can't help you with the foam as we don't use it (cost)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back