Hardware/software - router security

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I have a Belkin Wireless Cable/SL Gateway Router.

I have been told that because of the good security that's on the router I don't need to install security software separately on the computers that are connected to the router. Is this true?

Also, do Belkin continually update the security on my router?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
I have been told that because of the good security that's on the router I don't need to install security software separately on the computers that are connected to the router. Is this true?
NO.

NO. Any updates would be to to do the software on the router, not security software that you are thinking of.

The router will have a firewall and that is about it.

You still need antivirus and real-time antispyware software on EACH computer connected to the router. And another firewall to be sure to be sure.

NO.

NO. Any updates would be to to do the software on the router, not security software that you are thinking of.

The router will have a firewall and that is about it.

You still need antivirus and real-time antispyware software on EACH computer connected to the router. And another firewall to be sure to be sure.

Absolutly agree

Sponsored Links
Back