Hardwax oil maintenance products

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The guy at my local timber merchants reckoned that the cleaners for hardwax oils are just glorified fairy liquid. I was looking at getting either the osmo wash & care or dr schutz cleaner but was a bit put off on hearing this. Anyone got an opinion on these products, are there any better products cos I've read that you should use them approx one month after hardwax oiling and twice yearly after that?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

it wasn't me

Sponsored Links
You have 'cleaning' products and you have maintenance products, don't confuse the two of them.
Cleaning products you use when your floor starts to look a bit grubby - like after a period of rainy weather where wet shoe prints show up on your floor - lacquer finishes are known to show them rather more quickly than oiled floors. Most cleaning products contain a gentle detergent and should also contain a polish so when it dries up it doesn't leave your floor looking dull.
You can apply cleaning products everytime you think it is needed.

Maintenance products you use every 5 - 6 months to also feed the wood (or lacquer layer) and make sure it keeps it dirt repellent character.
More info on maintenance of wooden flooring can be found here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back