hardwax oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know the right way to apply hardwax oil

do you, role it on with a short pile roller evenly and leave it or do you put it on then rub it of

Sponsored Links
Each manufacturer is slightly different so check their advice.

I put it down with a short pile roller as thin as possible, leave 12 hours (although some dry quicker) and then apply a second coat, yet again very thin. If you put it down too thick it takes ages to dry.

There are some tricks to speed up drying which the pro's use which involve rubbing in the first coat. If this is your first time don't try them.

Each manufacturer is slightly different so check their advice.

I put it down with a short pile roller as thin as possible, leave 12 hours (although some dry quicker) and then apply a second coat, yet again very thin. If you put it down too thick it takes ages to dry.

There are some tricks to speed up drying which the pro's use which involve rubbing in the first coat. If this is your first time don't try them.

mate its timberex fast cure (3 hour dry) the company i work for only use oils and waxes were as the last 5 years ive only used lacquer. me being the only sander their i have the task of figuring out these products the last year ive been using wax oil which involves squeeging on about 3 times and rubbing off and buffing
with the hardwax oil ive been reluctant to put it on with a roller and just leave it but i will give it a go cheers mate
it

Sponsored Links
Timberex advice multiple coats applied thinly with a stiff brush or applicator, and then buff the final coat with a brown pad and dry with oil cloths.
http://www.timberex.com/images/wax oil ds.pdf

I would follow their advice because they know the product best.

THat is timberex wax oil ive got the application of that product down to a fine art.... Im talking about their new product hardwax oil
Its fine now i was just wanting to know whether to put it on and leave it or put it on and wait 30minutes and then rub off like the wax oil[/u]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back