Hardwiring a Response SU6 Siren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wireless alarm from response and i would like to hard wire the siren box as the sun does not catch it enough, It has a 7.5 Vdc jack socket inside that is for charging the battery up if it goes flat, can i just put 7.5v to this permently and this will keep the battery charged? Its a 6v battery aswell, or would it be better to connect the battery terminals to 6v DC?

Sponsored Links
I don't think there's an output from the control panel to charge your alarm box but as you suggest you can use the jack. A 6v battery needs aleast 7.2V to charge it.

Id but a 6v sealed lead acid charger from Maplin an wire that in...put it on charge periodically.

My SU6 is on a nort wall..its fine in the summer but I do swap the battery a couple of times during the winter.

Could i not get a charger for it and leave it on being as it is only trickle charging it once it is full?

Sponsored Links
I was thinking of maybe having it charge for 1/2 hour a day? will this keep it topped up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back