Hardwiring a wireless system!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if this can be done because:

1) I want a telephone communicator and the system must be wired - can't find anything in the market that has both
2) I want to join my smoke alarms (mains powered) into the alarm so that I can be called if there is a fire in my house!
3) I don't want to keep changing batteries every few months!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Many thanks all!

I'll have a good look at these websites - funny that I can't get them using Google search! :( :(

RF, what was the first link on your post supposed to go? It's a link to a lads buildiong works on this website and nowt on alarms. I guess you may have pasted in a wrong link? :p

How did you get on with GetAnAlarm?

I've had nothing but problems with them from day 1, they lost my order but still managed to charge my credit card, they sent me an incomplete order then sent me the the wrong goods.

They haven't repaired or replaced faulty goods sent back to them (in accordance with their returns procedure) over 3 months ago.

They have not responded to most of my emails or both of my letters.

Has anyone else had problems with them?

Phil H1

How did you get on with GetAnAlarm?

no one "got on" with GetAnAlarm, it was only mentioned once by gazza2

(although RF Lighting Did voice his opinion of it)

gazza2 has only made 2 posts in 2008, the 2nd was about GetAnAlarm

I never looked into them any further than the website.

I opted for a fully wired system with comm dialer from Response. Wired it in by myself and works perfect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back