Harvey's or Kinetico Water Softeners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone provide honest opinion please?

I am comparing between 2 machines: Kinetico Premier SE - £1550 installed
Harvey's Twin Tec S3 - £1460 installed

Each dealer obviously recommends their own machine - I get that. But can someone provide opinion which is a better machine. Kinetico US made, Harvey's UK made. But that's ok as long as they serve the guarantee.

I have spoken to owners and both seems happy. So if I have to put my money what's the best bet? Technically what's better. Harvey's claim 17 litres regeneration as opposed to 26litres in Kinetico - not that will matter much.

Age of machine? Some people say Kinetico lasts more but when they bought it 10 years ago Harvey's wasn't there anyway.

Any ideas about the customer service, maintenance issues etc

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi i have kinetico machine installed 18/19 years ago ! No problems apart for 2 service in that period
First service approx after 12/13 years and the second approx 4 years ago last service cost £125/150
It takes about an hour and plastic valves connectors are cleaned and replaced as necessary(new machines
Might b better built) i get service from local dealer and are brilliant.we are 3 in the family and use£5 ( depends where
You buy) salt per month. I dont work for kinetico neither am i expert on the water softner but my replacement will
Be kinetico for sure.Am sure there are better qualified people on the forum.hope this helps you. Regards

Sponsored Links
I've got a Harvey and that's what I recommend to my customers. Harvey, the CEO of Harvey Water Softeners, used to work for Kinetico UK and left because he was certain he could make a better softener himself. He's happy that he's done so and so are his customers

One is a copy of the other,pay your money and pick your poison
We have lots of both around here and apart from some people who don't install a separate tap for drinking water they seem to work fine​

Thanks guys. And what about the hard water filter? Kinetico dealer said the Kinetico Aquaguard filter is much better than the Harvey's filter. It provides ultra filtered water (1 million cribs block filter). Obviously the replacement costs are more £80 as opposed to £55 for Harveys every year. I think Harvey's are about 5 microns or may be more.

Any thoughts if it really makes a difference? I have decided to go with Harvey's twin tec machine - the choice I have got is with Harvey's filter OR Kinetico aquaguard filter. Difference: Kinetico £50 expensive install over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back