Has anybody used this Supafix stuff?

Sponsored Links
Looks impressive from the video - but the proof of the pudding ....

Peter

Superglue by any other name I think, plus fillers.....
Brilliant stuff if all it's setting conditions are met!
John :)

I am just surprised if it actually will bond plastic well.

Have you used it on plastics at all?

Tom

Sponsored Links
As it Superglue it'll work well with some plastics and not so well with others in my experience. The powder certainly looks useful. The problem you're going to have is that mending something like an indicator stalk, you're going to have a small area to glue, with a lot of leverage on it. I've had some success with drilling that sort of repair for a strengthening pin. Use something like a panel pin or small steel wire. Drill it carefully in both parts as near to the centre as you can get, slightly oversize to allow for error, and then put the pin in and fill with adhesive.

As it Superglue it'll work well with some plastics and not so well with others in my experience. The powder certainly looks useful. The problem you're going to have is that mending something like an indicator stalk, you're going to have a small area to glue, with a lot of leverage on it. I've had some success with drilling that sort of repair for a strengthening pin. Use something like a panel pin or small steel wire. Drill it carefully in both parts as near to the centre as you can get, slightly oversize to allow for error, and then put the pin in and fill with adhesive.
Won't the stalk have a couple of wires inside though? I would have thought some kind of sleeve could be employed.

I guess we're all assuming its a simple snapped stalk.

Won't the stalk have a couple of wires inside though? I would have thought some kind of sleeve could be employed.

I guess we're all assuming its a simple snapped stalk.

:) Didn't follow the rule of engaging brain before typing. . . Might be able to get a piece of metal tube with a split for the wires in there?

Hi guys,

Yes its basically hanging on a wire at the minute.

Ive read a few things on different adhesives I think it will do it to be honest. I think its just try and see!

Tom

Cheers guys,

I bought some anyway and it did it perfectly.

Looks strong, will see how it lasts over some bumpy roads!

Sponsored Links
Back