Has anyone successfully installed Nest hotwater function to 30cdi classic boiler?

Sponsored Links
Hi Picasso, or anyone else who would like to advise,

Just one more follow up query. Whilst looking into replacing the tank temperature sensor with a thermostat I've noticed that I don't have a high limit thermostat. Does a vented tank require one?

Sponsored Links
Good afternoon.

Just to clarify before this happens, is the attached diagram correct for the set up discussed earlier this week?

upload_2020-9-25_14-3-27.png

Please advise if it's not.

Thanks again Picasso, top man! When it's done I will post the result for the benefit of others with the same query in future.

Update - so in conclusion, yes; you can successfully install a Nest hot-water function to 30cdi classic boiler as well as central heating function!

In brief this is how we did it. (**disclaimer** The following should be performed by a qualified engineer and all power to the system must be isolated!)

First the temperature sensor on the hot water tank was replaced with a thermostat, followed by a factory reset on the boiler so that it would reconfigure itself to use the stat.

Next, the central heating thermostat was disconnected from the boiler terminals and the Nest heat link was installed and connected to the attached diagram (with the hot water tank thermostat wired in series to the heatlink);

upload_2020-9-25_14-3-27-png.205883

Nest fired up and all updates installed. Boiler switched on and all worked as expected.

Hi Andrew,

I have the exact same boiler as you and I belive I also have a temperature sensor on the hot water tank.

Could you please share the thermostat you used to replace it?

Cheers
James

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpg
    IMG_0910.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 50

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back