Has Anyone......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
.........ever got a stain out of anything with Vanish?

I have tried various Vanish products over the years on clothes, upholstery and carpets and they have all been completely useless.

Sponsored Links
Yes, pasta sauce out if a white top.

The trick with that is to use vanish for the most part and the. Leave it out in the sun for the UV rays to finish it off.

Had success with dr something or other carpet stain remover aswell when spilt a paprika and harissa paste infused meal in the lounge.

Have to get to these things as soon as possible though, try not to let the dry

If you are prone to hurling red wine upon your berber carpet :whistle: reach for the bottle of Dr. Beckmann - complete with brush and sponge activator.
Many times better than Vanish.
John :)

Sponsored Links
If you are prone to hurling red wine upon your berber carpet :whistle: reach for the bottle of Dr. Beckmann - complete with brush and sponge activator.
Many times better than Vanish.
John :)

That's the one I use, couldn't remember the name. It is rather very good.

Works on sofas aswell

You must have some stubborn stainage. It's worked for me when I've used it.

Never thought my stains were anything out of the ordinary, mainly food, blood and mud.

The best I found was Shout, but I used the best part of a bottle on a rugby shirt of my lads and even then it needed scrubbing too with a heavy duty brush.

Another vote for the Dr Beckman here, less than £3 in home bargains and works well.

Speed is the essence, and also removing the liquid which now has the potential stain in it. So for a carpet it is always the carpet washer, and we use the detergent designed to work in carpet washers, and some things already have a pattern, so adding some thing to remove a stain if any good will remove the pattern, and as said speed is the essence, so no time to test colour fastness, so by time I realise the wine has stained some thing, it is too late, as until it comes out of the wash you don't know if it will stain.

Food is the worse for stains, once my beard is stained, it does take a lot of getting rid of, seems it takes around 4 years to completely change all the hairs in your beard.

Sponsored Links
Back