has diy not got a problem

Playing up again now.

Text comes up fairly quickly, but the icons never appear.

It was like this last night, but much slower.
Same problem! But text and reply page much slower.

It's obviously a forum software/database problem as access to the rest of the site, eg. Wiki, is almost immediate, though icons are still a problem

Sponsored Links
We'll be doing some changes/upgrades this afternoon. I'll post once this is complete and we'll take it from there, hopefully it will improve things :confused:

pages in general are loading a lot faster,posting replys still takes an age to load,but at least im now seeing everything that s there.
whatever your doing guv it seems to be working,but were not out the woods yet. ;) :D

That's good to hear! :)

When you say posting a reply takes an age to load, do you mean the time between clicking 'post reply' and the page loading to post a reply or the time between clicking submit (after typing a reply) and the topic reappearing?

Sponsored Links
do you mean the time between clicking 'post reply' and the page loading to post a reply

YEP THAT BIT,BUT I MUST ADMIT YOUVE BEEN TINKERING aint yer?
coz that was pretty dam quick.

Much faster to load the Post a reply page, but the whirley is still going as the Smileys and Special characters have not loaded.

Whirley has stopped but still no smileys.

I see there is a message and am trying to load it in another tab. Just getting a whirley.

Whirley has stopped (about a minute later). Here is a screen dump:

1jitt.jpg

Been slows a few times tonight, including just now.

Slow and pages timing out at 00:48 on Dec 2 2010.

Hope that helps :)

MAJOR problem tonight. The mods / admin have a lot to deal with. We have multiple posts / subjects.
Im told the site is down when I post only for the post to appear when I re-load.
:eek:

Mr. W.

Mr. W, thanks for letting us know. There was a temporary glitch which I hope is now resolved. Please let me know if you have any further problems.

Gregers, some parts of each page served (e.g. the images) are served from different sub-domain(s)/server(s), these were in a different data centre to the main site. It would seem this server/data centre was where the issues were occurring, so the affected areas have been moved to the new data centre. It would have taken most of yesterday for the DNS to update and direct everyone to the new data centre, but as of now everyone should be using the correct one.

My Images are not displaying when click "Show my Images" to insert one in a post. It's OK if I click "Images" at the top of the screen.

Thanks, I'm looking into it now.

Mr. W, thanks for letting us know. There was a temporary glitch which I hope is now resolved. Please let me know if you have any further problems.

Gregers, some parts of each page served (e.g. the images) are served from different sub-domain(s)/server(s), these were in a different data centre to the main site. It would seem this server/data centre was where the issues were occurring, so the affected areas have been moved to the new data centre. It would have taken most of yesterday for the DNS to update and direct everyone to the new data centre, but as of now everyone should be using the correct one.

er thanx,wished i hadnt asked now,my head hurts :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back