New Forum Help Navigating a topic problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have observed a problem when trying to navigate a topic using the Home, PgUp, PgDn and End buttons. The up and down arrows also have problems.

I had just posted a reply to a topic. I hit the Home button to go to the top of the page, but it only moved up to the top of the reply before mine. PgUp wouldn't take me any higher nor would the Up key. I could only move between the bottom of the page and the top of the reply above mine.

I refreshed the page and the problem went away.

Sponsored Links
I must admit, I'm not sure on this. At first glance I thought it would be because the page linked to when you first visited went to the anchor of the first post you hadn't read and the home button was navigating back to that. Then refreshing because you had read the topic the home was the top of the page. However when I have tried to replicate that scenario I haven't been able to. I have tried in Windows IE / Firefox / Chrome / Opera and my home button always goes to the top of the page. What browser / OS are you using please?

I'm using Firefox 38.0.5 running on Windows XP SP3 with all updates.

I will check again, immediately after posting this, and report back.

Sponsored Links
This is what happened immediately after posting the above:
(I pressed the keys in the order listed)

Home: Didn't move
End: Didn't move
PgUp: Went to start of topic, not start of page
PgDn: Returned to the post above this one
Home: Didn't move
End: Didn't move
PgUp: Start of topic
PgUp: Went down to post above this one (Note: PgUP was pressed)
PgDn:Doesn't move

The next key I pressed worked as it should. I tried all the others, including the arrow keys, and they all worked correctly.

The problem seems to exist for maybe 30-60 seconds after pressing the Post Reply button.

Yep - does the same my end - Home key only moves up one topic.

Yeah - sorry - lack of sleep....I meant one post.

After posting the above the Home and End keys did nothing. The display was stuck as shown in the screenshot below.

Stuck Screen.JPG

Just checking, but I presume the Home/End keys are still acting as expecting on other sites?

Never noticed any problems. It's normally OK on this site, just plays up immediately after posting a reply.

It does sound very odd, I will see what I can find out.

I have noticed that when I press the Post Reply button my screen is refreshed immediately; there is no delay. Could it be that the server takes a time to synchronise? The old version of the site took several seconds to refresh when a post was added.

Sponsored Links
Back