Has Dulux Trade Gloss Improved To Stop Yellowing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have read that Dulux have made improvement to their Trade White Gloss paint to reduce "Yellowing". Has anyone had any experience of this?

Sponsored Links
I've seen a whole house interior done in the Dulux blue top white gloss done in 2012, and it hasn't yellowed.

Impressed and wanting to do some white glossing, I phoned up Dulux to check if they had solved the problem for sure, and they really weren't sure - and advised me not to use their product!

I've seen a whole house interior done in the Dulux blue top white gloss done in 2012, and it hasn't yellowed.

Impressed and wanting to do some white glossing, I phoned up Dulux to check if they had solved the problem for sure, and they really weren't sure - and advised me not to use their product!

That way they can be sure you won't be moaning at them.

...and because they want to shift their water based stuff. I bet they recommended that sparkwright used that instead! :LOL:

I think it seems to have improved and is probably about as good as they are going to get it. It does yellow a bit quicker in darker areas than the older gloss used to but, in well lit areas (natural UV light), it's about the same as any of the older glosses were. I don't think they differentiate between blue lid and white lid anymore and all the paint in their new labelled Trade tins is the newer formula.

Sponsored Links
Thank you everyone for the quick response.

Last year I painted almost my whole house's woodwork top to bottom (3 storey house) using a water based Crown Satin as I was cheesed off glossing frequently due to yellowing problems. This is by far the worst paint I have ever used .. dull finish with no durability, which is why I am going back down the gloss route.

The only negative comments I have heard in this (as per misterhelpful) and other forums about the Dulux Trade Gloss is that it is still prone to yellowing (as with all solvent based paints) if it does not receive a lot of natural or UV light.

The worry for me is that some of the areas that I am painting does not receive a lot of natural light which is the general cause of yellowing. I may have a mix of this solvent based paint in some areas and a water based gloss in others.

Tme will tell!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back