Have CHeat but no Hot Waer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Worcester 240 combi, Automatic air vent failed again and we lost hotwater but heating is ok. Water comes out of the chamber over the electronics and screws the driver board, what a crap design. So replaced board again as well. The whole start up sequence works fine.

Still have a problem
When have hw tap is operated the on demand light does not go on and the start up sequence does not happen, but get hw in the heat exchanger but not out to the tap. If I take the microswitch off the Diverter valve the and press both buttons the hw sequence starts but still no hot water.

Qn
When the hw tap is opened does the diverter valve operate, let the water flow through the heat exchanger, operate the switch, start the heat sequence. Dont really want to change the diverter valve unless I have to.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You can normally get away with just changing the diapghram in the front section of the diverter.

Just isolate cold inlet and get a Gianonni repair kit.

You will probably need to replace the O ring seal in the adjustable coupling piece between the diverter front section and the heat exchanger (bound to leak).

Thanks for the reply, looks like my logic was okay.

I presume the diaphraghm 'drives a plunger' and so the microswitch.
Any suggestions on where to get a Gianonni repair kit.

Cheers

google giannoni diverter

get the genuine diaphragm - the copies look c**p

Sponsored Links
Found plenty of places to buy a kit for ~ £10 is it better to spend the £40 and get a new valve ? I presume then the repair will also work in a Worcester part ?

Cheers

far easier to spen less and interfere with less... just check my field system and its only 2 1/2 nuts and about 8 screws to do the diaphragm andno drain down(aside from main water) to chaange the whole valve is a drain down..

1/2 an hours work usually

You live and learn !

Car industry is the same, buy a genuine spare, chances are the part you get from the guy from the corner accessory shop is from the same manufacturer.

cheers,

Hi, I have a pretty similar problem with my Worcester 240 so thought I'd post it here.
This happened a few days after I plumbed in my new bath, which involved draining the HW system - I did have the sense to switch off electricity to the boiler during this, nonetheless I guess I broke something, as now I find turning on a hot tap gives cold water, and the 'demand' light doesn't go on.
CH still works fine, and I can get plenty of hot water to the taps as long as the CH is going - so I can get a bath run by whacking the thermostat up high. It would be good to get the on demand function working again though, so, any idea what I broke?
I'm guessing the diaphragm, would I be right in thinking I can test this by taking the microswitch off and manually closing the switch?
Also, can anyone point me to a technical manual for the boiler? The worcester website doesn't seem to have one, presumably it's too old...

I tested they way you did and the diaphragm was knackered, replaced it and now got hot water.
But i disturbed the coupling into the heat exchanger and the coupling now weeps where the inner tube slides into the coupling!
More messing about and the back of the valve now weeps where the two grub screws retain the divertor. B@&*@r

If you are still stuck i will try and scan the manual in for you sometime in the next couple of days

I tested they way you did and the diaphragm was knackered, replaced it and now got hot water.
But i disturbed the coupling into the heat exchanger and the coupling now weeps where the inner tube slides into the coupling!
More messing about and the back of the valve now weeps where the two grub screws retain the divertor. B@&*@r

If you are still stuck i will try and scan the manual in for you sometime in the next couple of days

Hi, don't suppose you have this manual do you? I've got the same problem and need an engineer to come in. Are you one?????

Hello,

Thanks for that, I've already been there and read up. Not much detail on what to do etc......

Regards

PaulMc18

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back