1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Have I been sold a 2nd hand heat exchanger as new?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by zebedee2001, 9 May 2021.

1. zebedee2001

zebedee2001

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As per title. I bought a listed as "new" heat exchanger for an Ideal ISAR HE24 off E-Bay but it has marks on it that makes me think it might be used. See attached. Appreciate any feedback IMG_20210509_151325_744.jpg

2. Sponsored Links
  3. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Certainly looks dodgy, but never replaced an isar one. ebay generally prettying good at resolving disputes if you want your money back.

4. Bodd

Bodd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looks used

5. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'd say used, are you sure it wasn't sold as "seller refurbished"?

6. Stivino

Stivino

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It looks like it's been attached to something therefore, I'd suggest it's used.

7. stem

stem

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Maybe email the seller and ask them to explain where it came from and what the marks are from.

I suggest this because I remember an RGI friend of mine was sent the wrong boiler from a supplier [LPG instead of mains gas] and installed it before he realised. Once the mistake was discovered, the boiler had been installed but never operated. The merchant couldn't re-sell it because it had been installed, so, it sat in his garage for several years, before eventually when he moved house he sold some of the parts off as unused. They could as a result have had installation marks on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DP

DP

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Fleabay is a lottery, you can win and then you can lose as well. Once I bought a pcb for a boiler as stock. It was sold as new in original box. When I went to use it, it was a dud.
    Now I will only buy stuff that is for immediate use and in sealed box unless even that is not important.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sponsored Links