Have I got it right or wrong ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all
I have a slight problem and wanted advice before I go ahead.

I have installed two sets of downlighters in the kitchen, and the plan is to wire a logic plus architrave double 2 way switch, so that I can control them at one place, I do not have a suitable junction box, so I was going to wire up both sets to each switch, then wire two sets of spurs coming from each switch, going into an extention lead.
I only have two wires from the down lighters, brown and blue

I'm a little confused , where do I set each wire, I think I put the blue in S1, the brown in S2 and the mains lead, brown in to the common, blue into S1 and the earth in the earthing hole.
Have I got this right ? or about to blow a fuse ?
I would appreciate someones help please.
Ripcord 639

Sponsored Links
just as well you asked. it wont work, nice bang though.

if you look in the sticky section there are lots of drawings showing how its done

You are about to blow a fuse, and probably destroy your switch in the process.

There are loads of drawings and information in the forum sticky and also in the wiki

On a side note, that seems alot of wires to try and fit into and architrave switch box.

Sponsored Links
I was having a mad moment.

just thinking it about it, if I was to set the switch in line ie wire the blue in L2 and brown in L1 then other end of cable blue to common and brown into L1 then to mains would that work, tried looking on site but can find the info I need.
regards

Ripcord639

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back