Have I missed something?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has the 'plastic ch pipe not within 1m of the boiler' changed?
If 'no'- have a look at October's HPM p62.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The feed goes to hep quite close and the return is almost on the tapping!
Plus the h & c have been made onto in compression that 'appear' now to be rather hard to get to with a spanner.
I realise why we don't win jobs on price!

I understood that it had to be copper for the first meter. I'm asking if I've missed something/got it wrong having seen the 'example' in HPM.

Looks like he only has a 15mm bender as well :evil:

The sad part has got to be the 28Kw Baxi (yuck) combi for a family of 5.

Not all boiler manufacturers ask for copper to be used on the heating circuit with a minimum distance of the boiler.

As far as I know there is no general requirement apart from good practice and its up to each manufacturer to say what they require.

Tony

The pipe manufacturer's (certainly JG) say you mustn't unless the MI's specify that you can. I'll have a look at Baxi, but if you haven't seen the pic Tony try and find a copy. Bet you're not impressed.

Well I'll eat my hat and some humble pie too!
Quote from the Hep Guide-

'Where boilers incorporate a high limit cut out thermostat, pump overrun device, and have connections outside the boiler casing 350mm from the heat source, direct connection can be made to Hep2O®. Typically these boilers contain a copper heat exchanger and are low water content boilers'.

And another quote that I'll heed in future, 'Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups!" Not all plastics have the same guidelines. :oops:

Can't see any single check valve or expansion vessel on the mains either :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back