Have these slate vents been installed correctly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

Had a roofer around this week to point some flashing and fit some roof vents as we had some condensation under the eaves.

I inspected the vents via velux windows in the loft. He seems to have broken a slate and replaced it with a section of vent tray and fitted the vent on top of adjacent slates rather than under. He also hasn't cut the underlay beneath the vents. I noticed on 2 of the vents he has put them under the slates but not this one and I can't see the other closely.

Am I miss understanding something or is this a bit of a bodge for the best part of £200?
Thanks for any advise.

Dave

Sponsored Links
The slates should be over the tray, he has used a fibre cement slate for the repair.

I haven't paid for the job yet. Is the fibre cement tile acceptable or should I ask for a replacement slate as well as the vent installed underneath the slates?

Sponsored Links
The side flange on the vent needs to be under the slates at the side to stop the wind ripping it off.

Looking at that I'd question whether he's capable of doing it right.

There's also a broken slate Below and towards the camera.

cowboy job!! only one slate should be wired,Lead staps are not acceptable
Plus the vent is not installed correctly..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back