Having boiler moved to upstairs, good idea?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am having a new boiler fitted and the plumber I am going to go with has said it would be better to have it upstairs in the airing cupboard where the hot water tank is now (I am changing to a combi). It is outside wall and seems ok to me as gives a cupboard back in the kitchen, but I wondered is there any problems with this approach?

He has also suggested a Potterton Gold HE33 Combi Boiler, is this okay or any known issues? Have searched but can not find much on it. Is it known by another name?

Sponsored Links
No problem with boiler upstairs.
Don't know that particular boiler.

Boiler is essentially the Duotech 33HE badged up as a Potterton. Think it may be three yr warranty on the Gold.

Yes cowboys favourite ..............easy install rip tank out bung boiler in,damn thing in your bedroom,any noise its there,if it breaks down workmen climbing around in your bedroom

Be sensible and stick it in the kitchen or out in utility room ,dont think these new boilers will be as reliable as good old conventional system .This new technology you will definetly be getting to see heating engineer a little more often :D :D

Sponsored Links
Think you could apply most of that to any combination boiler manufactured over the last twenty years.
No more reason to label the Potty' Gold cowboys favourite than any other combi.

Finally. How do you know the poster's a/c is in the bedroom? :confused:

Its not in the bedroom its on the landing. But is near the bedroom (just outside)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back