Having to T off 15mm for extra rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know it's not really a good idea but I really have no other choice, I cannot get to the 22mm flow and return pipes.

My main concern is the length of the pipe run of the existing rad: it is 8 metres away from the F and R and I intend to cut into it's 15mm about 5 metres along it's run. There will then be 2 metres to my new rad.

I can try it and see, with restoring the original situation pretty easy. But if it doesn't work I am left scratching my head!

Is the length of pipe likely to be a big problem?

Sponsored Links
I know it's not really a good idea but I really have no other choice, I cannot get to the 22mm flow and return pipes.

My main concern is the length of the pipe run of the existing rad: it is 8 metres away from the F and R and I intend to cut into it's 15mm about 5 metres along it's run. There will then be 2 metres to my new rad.

I can try it and see, with restoring the original situation pretty easy. But if it doesn't work I am left scratching my head!

Is the length of pipe likely to be a big problem?
No.

Sponsored Links
Seen 19 rads teed of 15mm before. Customer wondered why system took a while to heat up. Blamed us for changing boiler soon put them right. Pipework is crap!!

Last edited:
Woah! Prempts my next question: ideally I need to tee two new rads of this existing rad 15mm.

I assumed that I could only get away with one; am I being too cautious (the boiler has enough capacity)?

One of the new rads would be essentially side by side with the existing rad so I could pipe them together as one rad. (Obviously a TRV would shut them both off but that is no big deal).

Would that be a better option, or no different to teeing them off seperately?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back