hdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just loged on to your site can any one help
i have a picasso 20 hdi i ran it low on diesel and put 1 gallon ov red in it halfe a mile up the road died on me starts and then cuts out i drove it 100 mile home in limp mode and now wont start on key now it will only bump start if you push it cumes up as low fuel rail circit once started it will rev up clear no prob but drive it over 30 lights on and dam thing dies help ?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the red diesel was heavily contaminated with something, you might have been better putting cooking oil in it Spry or the likes.

Sponsored Links
id change the filter first and go from there
Yes I agree, that would be the simplest and cheapest first option.

Wotan
i have taken the tank off and cleaned it out replaced a new fuel filter and housing still nothing
it usto start on the key after this problem i then took out the fuel regulator and cleaned that and it ran fine un till you go over 30 mph

i have taken the tank off and cleaned it out replaced a new fuel filter and housing still nothing
it usto start on the key after this problem i then took out the fuel regulator and cleaned that and it ran fine un till you go over 30 mph
when ideling its up and down and if you rev it at 2000 rpm it diesel knocks and then clears

id change the filter first and go from there
Yes I agree, that would be the simplest and cheapest first option.

Wotan
If it's in the limp mode then a diagnostic check and reset of the system, seems the next logical step, does it run smoothly? albeit slowly upto 30 MPH?

Wotan

it runs perfect up to 30 power everything over that it dies light comes on then you have to bump start it again it will run all day ticking over been pluged in 4 times all the time same fault code low fuel rail circit

you might be able to clear the stored faults yourself by discounnecting the battery for approx 20 mins?MAKE sure you have your code for the radio.

fault codes have been removed by mechanic if i feather the accelorator it will do 45 mph but come to a roundabout or stop it will stop and cut out

The fact that it 'runs smoothly' would discount the possibility of faulty injectors, wich really only leaves the high pressure fuel pump, assuming the limp mode fault has been truly cleared.
If it is the pump then I would imagine it would be very expensive to buy new, a breakers yard would be your best option.

Wotan

i was told if it was the pump take filter lid off and put oil in with the diesel and if it is the pump it will start guess what still no start ance again it will
used red diesel possable contaminated 1 gallon dieed 5 minutes later
only bump start
so all symptoms are
wont start on key
will only bump start
over 30 mph light comes on and car dies
removed all pipework cleend out cleened tank out
new filter
i now have bald patch on my head scratching it that much

hi i have just replaced the injectors and guess what it starts and im going to test drive it now see what happens

When you mention ...it won't start on the key, do you mean the engine does not turn over?
If this is the case then possibly it's being inhibited electrically, like a auto transmission car, wich will only start in P or N
If the engine does turn over but fails to fire, I cannot understand why it should then start with a bump start?
If you do manage to sort this problem out please let us know.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Back