HDMI Arc (Toshiba TV)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

First time poster! (So apologies if I've put it in the wrong section, mods please feel free to move)

I have just bought an Toshiba TV and can't make the HDMI arc to communicate with my soundbar.i have read the manual and trawled Google but to no avail.

Any ideas people??!!

Sponsored Links
Is there any sound from the soundbar or do you mean you can't control the soundbar volume with the TV remote? Is it a Toshiba soundbar, too?

I've just set it up, and am normally good with the tech, on my last TV you went into the menu and put the speakers to 'amp' and the sound came from the bar, but this doesn't work. The soundbar flashes indicating it has no signal

Sponsored Links
Hi Martin
I forgot to update! After speaking to Toshiba technical and being advised some very basic stuff I've already tried I got it working for an hour. Then the tv kept telling me there was no Internet even though the built in speed test was shown 23 maps on both WiFi and ethernet. The TV also went randomly in to stand by. So it has been returned to AO and I've paid a bit more for a Philips.
Thank you for the response though

Bit late but John Lewis and Richer sounds good for TV's as 5 and 6 year warranty included. Also have a look round as AO price match too. Got a cooker hood from them a month back then seen it cheaper at Currys. Quick phone call and a nice lady refunded me 60 odd quid

The toshiba TV was £399 they priced matched Amazon. Then gave me the Philips for the same price (including the discount) had a bit of a result really

I bought a new TV in Richer Sounds just before lockdown. It was £10 cheaper than the same in John Lewis and with six year warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back