HDTV

olly_k said:
Nige F said:
Heavy Duty TV :oops: Does that mean my 405 line Ekco won`t work :?:

LOL I bet a museum would like to see a 405 line set :D
As for HDTV or any telly for that matter you get what you pays for and I suspect dead pixel count etc is quite high and lack of inputs is normal from the likes of curry's!
I think it`s got something dead in it (mouse ?- spilt Curry ? )...It don`t half pen+ink as the valves warm up :LOL:

Sponsored Links
ninebob said:
I think the only thing going for scart connections is that they're "universal"..
That's the trouble Scart is a standard that's wasn't standard! with many manufacturers adopting different pinouts and cables being wired differently the whole thing became a shambles at first.

Bu**er. Just as I was considering which street corners to sell myself on to raise £2000+ for a decent HDTV (the picture on the LG ones made me feel all funny in my pants again today) I asked about the subscription cost... I had to, didn't I?

They reckon (although this is just what the guy in the shop heard) that it will be around £70 per month. That includes all the Sky+ functionality etc. as standard. But £70. Seriously. :eek:

£70.

Per month.

We've had first world heads of state with IQs of less than 70. It's a lot of moo to spend on a TV subscription.

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Bu**er. Just as I was considering which street corners to sell myself on to raise £2000+ for a decent HDTV (the picture on the LG ones made me feel all funny in my pants again today) I asked about the subscription cost... I had to, didn't I?

They reckon (although this is just what the guy in the shop heard) that it will be around £70 per month. That includes all the Sky+ functionality etc. as standard. But £70. Seriously. :eek:

£70.

Per month.

We've had first world heads of state with IQs of less than 70. It's a lot of moo to spend on a TV subscription.
Not sure where he got that figure from? for bells and whistles package plus Sky+ with all the functionality it's £42.50, try here to find package that suits you:
http://www.sky.com/ordersky/channelpackages

Ah, but that's not the high-definition package! That will attract a premium. :D

From more reading it looks like that was just a guess at a price (no-one has been given any official pricing information), but even if they only stick a £10 premium on that's over £50 a month.

I've got the £20 package (everything except movies and sports... think it might have gone up actually), and watch it for about 2 hours a week in the end... If I went for the full package then my Sky box would be earning the minimum wage! :LOL:

AdamW said:
Ah, but that's not the high-definition package! That will attract a premium. :D

From more reading it looks like that was just a guess at a price (no-one has been given any official pricing information), but even if they only stick a £10 premium on that's over £50 a month.

I've got the £20 package (everything except movies and sports... think it might have gone up actually), and watch it for about 2 hours a week in the end... If I went for the full package then my Sky box would be earning the minimum wage! :LOL:
get the full works it's brill :)

Back