Header Tank Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went in my loft the other day to find my heaser tank 3/4 full is this right there is a feed pipe going into the tank the the ball cock which is above the water line and another pipe coming out from the bottom which i persume is feeding the central heating system is there 2 much water in the tank if so could this cause any kind of problem

cheers

Sponsored Links
Further to Kev's reply.

There could be a problem if the ballcock adds water each time the system cools down and then overflows when hot. In this case water is being renewed diluting inhibitor.

Ballcock should be set so that the level with the sysrtem cold is just a couple of inches above the feed pipe.

ok thanks for all the information will change the ball cock

also i have noticed there is no vent pipe going into the central heating header tank should there be one? only 2 pipes in header tank the cold feed coming in and pipe going down to feed the rads is this right?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Why change ballcock if there is nowthing wrong with it? Drain some water uot of the systenm when it is cols and bend the long brass arm down so that the ballcock shuts off at a level just above the feed pipe.

Should be a vent pipe over the F&E tank. What size is feed pipe?

jobloggs said:
Why change ballcock if there is nowthing wrong with it?
Part 1 without non-return valve fitted in supply to it :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back