headphones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.i am looking for a decent pair of head phones .they be used to moniter sound recording on dslr camera.i have been looking into different models.two models are apealing to me.
1.senheiser-1(ll)
2sony mdr-7506.i would like to know anybodys experience with these models or any recomdations from any sound enginier.thanks.

Sponsored Links
I used older versions of the Sennheiser HD25-1 i when sound recording on a shoot in Germany back in the 90's. The same brand of phones was used by the regular sound recordist for production work. They were comfortable enough to wear most of the day and did a good job keeping out external noise.

I liked the facility to fold up one earcup and also found the dual headband provided additional support compared to a conventional single band when the cup was up.

My only gripe would be the straight headphone cable. It's not a deal killer, but when handling a boom and dealing with the mic cable and portable mixer, then I think I'd have preferred a coiled cable just to reduce the likelihood of snagging particularly when squatting or bending down. The Sony's have a coiled cable, but don't have the extra support of a split headband or the fold-up earcups.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back