Potterton boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, just had one of these fitted its a performa 30kwt. Thing is it looks really cheap and am just a bit concerned as to whether its a good one or if plumber is just trying to pull a fast 1.

Anybody any experiences with this make, and if possible this model. TIA.

Regards Paul.

Sponsored Links
Perfectly ok mid range boiler rebadged baxi 105he , Very reliable and as all boilers eventually breakdown repairs on it are very easy so labour cost will be minmal and parts are cheaper than most makes

i guess it depends on the price range you want to pay and options your engineer gave you. only ever fitted 1 potterton boiler as the customer was on a budget so i gave them a couple of options ( shame on me tho, i mentioned an ideal isar ) and happy to say no problems as yet.

not the greatest but there are far worse out there. For the price they are reasonable but only a band "B" so not as efficent as the more expensive models. Main sell this as an even cheaper rebranded boiler than potty.

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't you have asked this question before it was installed? Not a whole lot you can do now, one way or the other.
Like mentioned above, they are cheap, not the worst on the market, but certainly not the best, noisy and renown for pcb problems.

Shouldn't you have asked this question before it was installed? Not a whole lot you can do now, one way or the other.
Like mentioned above, they are cheap, not the worst on the market, but certainly not the best, noisy and renown for pcb problems.

and a.p.s', venturi's, exp vsl's, diverters etc etc etc.

But you've got it now so tough titty.

I fitted a performa 24 in my old flat. I was there for 3 years and I never even had the case of. I think they're quite good value boilers. very simple and easy to repair. Its the kind of boiler that would benefit from a 3-4 yearly overhaul. ie replace diaphragms and ntcs. I think it would hardly ever fail if that was done.

35 years ago they were excellent. The C50 was an electromechanical boiler that you could expect to get 25 years out of if you looked after it. Hardly anything to go wrong in it.

In the 80's the Neataheat was a reasonably reliable successor but the solenoid made a noise that could raise the dead when it fired up.

An so to the noughties and the Suprima: possibly the most unreliable boiler of all time?? I've only had one gas valve go on mine in 7 years, but a friend of mine who's on a maintenance contract has had at least 10 circuit boards replaced. Google "Suprima lockout problem" and you'll get the gist of what I'm on about.

If you've got the bottle try the same for the Performa.... Good luck!

as a boiler goes it is reasonable one
just be glad you haven't got a less than IDEAL heap of carp with a worthless warranty.

but a friend of mine who's on a maintenance contract has had at least 10 circuit boards replaced.

that doesn't mean the boiler is bad it means the people repairing it are clueless idiots. The suprimas biggest problem was its reputation for pcb failure, meaning idiots would just stick new pcbs in without fault finding because "its always the board".. BG tried to claim money back from potterton because they were spending so much money on pcbs. However they went away quietly when potterton proved that more than half the boards BG sent back to them were absolutely fine :rolleyes:

It's a good boiler worth more money than it is priced at. Respect your installer he has made a sensible choice and must know more than my friend dangermouth.

It's a good boiler worth more money than it is priced at. Respect your installer he has made a sensible choice and must know more than my friend dangermouth.

Paul loves these alpha/intergas origined boilers more than his first born child. Personally I think there's far better out there.
Like I said for the price they are reasonable value but your better off spending more for a better product that's more efficent and has a longer warranty.

I think the best B rated boiler you can get at the moment is made by biasi...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back