Heat alarm

Although we are talking standard mains interlinked I believe.

And the selfbuildy wants to know what he is required to install to comply to the regs I assume.

Fire officer will know diddly squat.

Sponsored Links
The FPO will confirm not to fit a smoke detector in or near a kitchen.

Further advice of what is required to meet the Building Regs can be obtained direct from the Building Control Officer concerned with the development.

What should not be done is to fit a detector without receiving the proper advice, unless you have plenty of money to spend replacing incorrectly fitted detectors.

I dont think (Correct me if im wrong) you can connect a heat alarm to a circuit with smoke alarms on? I thought they all had to be the same type on an interlinked curcuit.

should be ok if they are the same brand.

if you wan't an easy life get your advise from building control. unless you enjoy fighting authority and have a lot of time to dedicate then its often a good idea to do things there way even though other ways may well conform with the requirements of the building regs.

Sponsored Links
perhaps we should ask.

selfbuildy, these detectors, what are they for?

are they

A) stand alsone detectors becsuse you want them

B) for a genuine fire alarm

C) to go onto an intruder alarm

D) none of the above, if so what are they for?

Breezer, on my plans it states to have smoke alarms mains operated with battery back up in kitchen/hall and landing.

So a.

BCO, up to me regarding detector in kitchen. Want the one with the least false alarms!!

Is there flush bases for these units, which would make them less obtrusive than surface ones?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back