Heat canister replacement for Triton Inscriptions shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, hope someone could help me with any advice and/or tips in replacing the heat canister in a 9.5Kw triton inscriptions shower?

Was using the shower the other day when it tripped the RCD and on resetting found that the shower was running cooler on the higher setting. Have ran through all the troubleshooting advice and have concluded that one of the heat elements must have gone. Unless one of you guys has any other suggestions of course?

I've managed to source the replacement part on-line but wondered if anyone had any advice on the right order/way to dismantle and replace [other than isolating the electrics and water inlet beforehand of course]

Any help or advice at all would be appreciated. Triton are looking for £99 minimum for a call out and replace for a £37 part!

Cheers and thanks

Seebster

Sponsored Links
After isolating water/elecy
Put plug or cover waste outlet in bath/shower tray.
Take a note where all the wires connect to or label them.
Remove wires from heat can, outlet tco and solenoid coil.
Remove water inlet pipe from the inlet valve.
Remove the 2 screws on outlet pipe.
Remove 3 screws on the stabiliser valve and 1 from the otherside of heat can.
Then you can remove the heat can/stabiliser valve.
DON'T loose the o rings on the stabiliser valve/outlet pipe.
Then refit in reverse order.

Make sure you commission the shower after or you'll blow the prd.

Triton are looking for £99 minimum for a call out and replace for a £37 part!

It's not the price of the part that counts it the time it takes and the know how.

Thanks Seco, much appreciated.

Also respect where you're coming from re the expertise, time and know how!

In general terms I know my limits with DIY and when it's time to turn to, and pay for the professionals...this helps a lot though and saves me a few quid when things are a bit tight!

Cheers and thanks again for the professional advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back