heat exhcanger problem on potterton suprima 80L boiler??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, hope you can help.i have a potterton 80L. my boiler seems to be turning itself off intermitterntly, it comes on in the morning ok, but doesnt seem to reach its target on the temperature control box, and will then go into reset mode, ie; red light flashes and the only way it will come on again is if i reset it, sometimes it still does not come on after resetting it three times. i thout i had solved this problem last week when the prv valve was leaking and had been so for sometime, put a new prv valve on and now it does not lose water but still seems to be overheating. this morning it came on ok, went off, so i reset it, it came on again ok, then the rads got very hot, even though the thermastats on the rads were not turned right up, after about an hour it went off. hope this makes sense to someone!

Sponsored Links
80L ? Do you mean a suprima 80L
If so its a very common fault, part number 5111603.
Involves going into combustion chamber so you will need a gas safe registered person to do it for you. There is a chance that theres a faulty temp sensor.
Do a search if you need more info . Theres loads about them on here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back