Potterton Suprima 80L lockout

If I remember correctly the gas valve is supplied with raw rectified AC.

How your meter responds to that will depending on its circuitry, the better ones approximating to the true RMS valve and the cheap ones tending towards the peak ( 1.414 x 230v DC ).

Tony

Sponsored Links
Decided to buy the pcb over the counter (£182) as didn't want to wait any longer without proper heating and water.
Got home and found that my son had got it working by switching prog to on and it starting first time on 'reset'!
Then I saw a post on another forum about BG doing boiler repairs for fixed fee = £144 all inc for my area.
So my quandry now is do I fit the pcb and take the fairly likely gamble it is the board or do I cut my losses, sell the ocb on e-bay and get BG in for a complete repair with guarantees and all!

You've got to laugh.

Cheers.

NB new fault diagnosis instructions say should get 250V dc at valve!

I seem to remember Paul at Potty telling me it should be about 220 VDC on a true RMS reading meter.

There was a gas valve solenoid fault and that can blow the PCB. The winding resistance goes lower due to shorted turns but apparently the applied voltage goes up in that case.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Gaz,

BG will come out to non-BG customers, BG customers get a £12 discount.

Cheers,

Gary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back