Heat Only - Pump Over Run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

I currently have a Potterton Suprima 50 L (15KW) heat only boiler.
This install includes small water tank in loft, Danfoss FP975 pogrammer (brand new replaced a Danfoss SET2E).
The thermostat is a new honeywell digital type.

I would like to replace my current boiler as the fan is very noisy and the boiler also randomly locks out (it has new board).
These are not the only reasons - i'm also refurbishing currently so a new boiler now is preferred rather than after decorations.

I would like to go for a Vaillant 418 open vent boiler - i'm worried about this pump overrun as i think the vaillant needs it - how can I tell if my current pump over runs?

Also do you forsee any problems with the controls I already have listed above.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Sponsored Links
Your suprima has a pump overrun, so there will be little diference. Unless its not wired properly!

Turn the heating on, and then off again at the programmer. Then quickly go have a look to see if the pump is still running. Those boilers do have pump overun but i bet half of the suprimas I see have not been wired with the overun :)

Turn the heating on, and then off again at the programmer. Then quickly go have a look to see if the pump is still running. Those boilers do have pump overun but i bet half of the suprimas I see have not been wired with the overun :)

Thanks just done this - sounded like it over run for a minute or so then turned off.

Sponsored Links
+1 convert it to a sealed system when you fit the new boiler OV are old hat these days

How about my controls - will they be compatible?

Many Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back