Heat proof plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone used “Purimachos” heat proof plaster? I’d be interested to know how it behaves compared to Gypsum plaster & what the finish texture is like. ;)

Sponsored Links
No, sorry.
Is this for round that fire and what did you decide about the render ?.

No, sorry.
Is this for round that fire and what did you decide about the render ?.
Hi Marsh, yes it is; I quizzed a couple of the HETAS guys I had round to quote. One didn't really have any idea (just does flues & fires) but another was old school, seemed quiet experienced & probably older but braver then me if he still likes getting up on roofs; looks like he'll probably get the job! :LOL:. He’s been doing it for a few years, looked at my efforts & also reckoned I'd be fine with the lime render mix. At the end of the day I’m not too stressed about it, it's in my own house so if falls off I'll just have to do it again :rolleyes: ; but at least I'll have the benefit of first hand experience for next time. ;)

Sponsored Links
It won't come off, but it might crack, If it does crack I'll tell you a little repair secret.

You aint skimmed it yet and you would have to keep it a trade secret. :LOL: :LOL:

I'm not looking, i've got my eyes covered,, see,,,,, i promise i wont look Marshy,,, honest,, so you can tell Richard the secret,,, go on. :LOL:

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back