Heat pumps........yeah right !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

And this
https://mol.im/a/10109299

He's right of course if they are so good they'd sell the themselves and manufacturers could, dnt keep up with the demand. Who need a subsidy if they saved money ?

Sponsored Links
Don't forget you will also have to at least double the size of your radiators , plus totally insulate your house, which in turn will probably make people ill through breathing in mould spores due to lack of ventilation. Solar PV and batteries would be a better way.

Best advise come 2033 / 34

any one with a combi

get down the merchants and buy 2 or 3 and store them ;)

could well be a mad rush for gas boilers as we approach 2035 :)

assuming this 2035 caper happens

no ashp for Transam

the only way they could force it would be to cut off the gas to props

hydrogen is another matter of course

Sponsored Links
Insulating a house is very counterproductive. Your house will be a sauna in the summer months!!

If heat pumps use the heat in air, how on earth will they heat a house when the outside temp is 5 or -5???

We don't use heating when it's 20c outside, we use heating when it's colder.

Seriously considering moving to Australia. Atleast their winter is the UKs summer!

We're not allowed to keep warm now... Electric cars - do you want to use the range up by using the heated seats and heater or do you want to get home cold?

get down the merchants and buy 2 or 3 and store them

Or just buy a load of spare parts maybe? How many decades could I keep a Maxi boiler operational?

Maybe I'll plant trees in the garden and get a wood burning stove ...

Or just buy a load of spare parts maybe? How many decades could I keep a Maxi boiler operational?

Maybe I'll plant trees in the garden and get a wood burning stove ...

probably cheaper in the long run to buy complete boilers ?

Yep the ennvirometal friendly wood burner

work on a couple of district heating systems that burn wood chips and they actually get a tax payer funded payment for the caper :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if [someone] has extrapolated Electricity demand for [say]

1/. Heat pumps.
2/. Charging ALL vehicles, Trucks, Trains, all the public transport, and every private car.
3/. Supply to homes.
4/. Industry needs, rather pay electrical cost for a Bessemer Converter for one second never mind a year or lots more years?

A nuclear reactor in every town??

Insulating a house is very counterproductive. Your house will be a sauna in the summer months!!

Counterintuitive maybe. A well insulated building is no different to a thermos flask. If it will keep heat in in winter it will keep heat out in the summer. It's how you use the building. In summer we throw open doors and windows to 'keep cool'. And all that lovely warm air wafts in...

All these ashp installs

Oh dear

could be one of the biggest scam / rip offs

in the UKs history :ROFLMAO:

jeez us wept :ROFLMAO:

yeah, lofts and conservatories are really cool in the summer. It would be horrible to insulate them and make them hot.

probably cheaper in the long run to buy complete boilers ?

Yep the ennvirometal friendly wood burner

work on a couple of district heating systems that burn wood chips and they actually get a tax payer funded payment for the caper :ROFLMAO:

There ruddy expensive to run aswell as emissions being worse than gas boilers.....

Ripped out a complete ashp system a while back in a ground floor flat

it was ****e

how was she supposed to insulate a ground floor flat

cavity was already insulated when it was built and came with double glazing any way

Older houses with solid walls ? What do you do ? Panel out the inside walls over the entire house ?

Sponsored Links
Back