Heat Recovery Ventilation system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a Swedish self build house which was built in 1984. It has a Husqvarna Reginair FTX heat recovery vent system for the whole house controlled by the cooker hood.

The cooker hood is pretty ugly and I'd like to get rid of it, but wonder how to get fan control to the vent system?

Also one of the electric motors in the exchanger sounds like its bearing has gone (or on its last legs) - have sprayed with silicon spray which just temporarily solves the issue.

Does anyone know how to solve the issue with the bearing (as the sound is just starting to get q.annoying). Trawled the internet and short of buying a brand new system i cant find any parts - or indeed anyone that could offer any maintenance service either.

Sponsored Links
Does the fan or fan motor have a name on?

I had a HR ventilation system in a house I lived in 12 years ago (Don't know who made it, the system didn't have a name on but I suspect it was Rega) One of the motors failed completely, I removed the fan & motor and contacted the fan manufacturer (S&P or Soler & Palau in my case) as their name was on the fan and purchased a replacement direct from them.

Alternatively you might be able to get Husqvarna parts or service from. (If they're still there!)

Ventex of Sweden Ltd
Sixpenny Buckle
Guildford Road
Frimley Green
Surrey
GU16 6PA

Email: [email protected]

Also, I would be careful about removing a cooker hood that the system is designed to work with. What do you intend to replace it with? or do with the duct? I assume the existing hood doesn't include a fan, but uses the main one in the heat exchanger.

I have just found your thread on your problems with noisy fan motors. If you are still about I have a solution to the problem. The bearings are a standard common or garden, off the shelf bearing which is cheap to buy at about £3.00 each and easy ( relatively ) to change. I have made an extractor. Get in touch if you need further help.

Many fans as used on boilers use standard ball bearings.

However, its not very easy to remove the auxillary fan from the shaft as its pressed on.

Do you ( or anyone else ) have a solution to this problem?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony,

Yes, the solution is quite straightforward. I have just made a puller to remove the bearings. If you have problems with another piece of equipment, such as a boiler fan then a custom made puller may be the solution. The normal 3 legged puller is usually to bulky to get at these small motor housings. If you need help get in touch, or post again.

Andrew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back