heat resistant filler options ?

29 Jun 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom

My combi boiler i under the stairs and the pipes go straight up through the plaster board beneath. Whenever it was installed they made a large hole in the board rather than neat holes for the pipes to go through. The hole is about half the size of an A4 sheet, A5, for just a few number of small pipes. There is a big draft that comes down through this cap into the kitchen.

I want to fill in this gap (it's hidden so doesn't have to be neat) to reduce the draft and coldness coming through it. Can anyone recommend a filler or method that can do this? I have thought about just using expanding filler as this would be perfect but whatever I use will be hugging the central heating pipes so has to withstand the heat of the pipes. I don't want to use expanding filler if it starts to smoke after a few hours of the heating being on :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links