'heat resistant' terminal strips?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and thanks to all that reply,

I've just finished replacing an oven cable from the cooker connection plate to the connection at the oven. During which I found the connection point (oven end) cracked and unsafe. I have used a terminal strip, of coreect Amp rating, to make a temopary connection but am wondering if the replacement will be acceptable? The terminal strips are the standard type and as such are 'heat resistant' but is this enough? Obviously, all the internal cables are joined here and so there insulation will be subjected to the temperature in this zone. I have seen ceramic strips and wonder if they would be a better replacement?

Any help appreiciated.

Sponsored Links
You should use ceramic connectors inside an oven housing. Plastic/nylon ones will melt over time.

Were the existing connectors fixed to the oven housing?

As suggested ceramic / porcelain connectors will resist any heat more efficiently.

If in doubt then contact the oven manufacturers?

The original connectors were clipped to the housing but i have used the existing plate to securely mount the connection strip.

I think ceramic strips are the way forward, but will look to see if I can get a replacement from the manufacturer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back