Heat transfer fluid in wood stove.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some fernox HP-5 heat transfer fluid my mate gave me, would it be ok to use in my wood stove central heating system - radiators, pump. Or would I be better with the regular inhibitor for central heating?

Sponsored Links
Read HP-5.

The product is intended for use in ground/air source heat pumps and underfloor systems. It is not diluted, so you would need a lot to fill your rads and pipes - maybe as much as 100 litres.

You should use the regular inhibitor.

Read HP-5.

The product is intended for use in ground/air source heat pumps and underfloor systems. It is not diluted, so you would need a lot to fill your rads and pipes - maybe as much as 100 litres.

You should use the regular inhibitor.
Pretty sure you meant to say it IS diluted, rather than it's not...

If the OP has a thermal store he could need 300L - about £500's worth

I have 10 litres and was just going to use that in the system. Not fill the whole lot with it. 6 rads.

Sponsored Links
It'll be entirely useless if you try to do that - it's designed to be used as-is and not diluted down, IE it needs to be used to fill the system completely or it won't be effective

It'll be entirely useless if you try to do that - it's designed to be used as-is and not diluted down, IE it needs to be used to fill the system completely or it won't be effective
I see you have now read the link I posted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back