Heated towel rail - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I've been trying to replace my bathroom radiator with a heated towel rail. Every time I connect the rose it leaks. Thought I'd cross threaded so bought another which did exactly the same thing with PTFE and careful tightening. What have I done wrong? See pics below

Sponsored Links
Take my hat off to you for giving it a go, But you really should stop there and call a plumber.

The fittings your using are not suitable for what you are trying to do and it looks a bodge call a pro.

Sponsored Links
you through the hassle of sourcing a nice new heated rail then spoil it with that disaster , who gave you plumbing advice , B&Q :rolleyes::ROFLMAO: .

Don't expect your bathroom to be warm when you have installed it. Unless your bathroom is naturally warm, or warmed from another heat source, you should add another radiator, or put the original one back instead of the towel warmer.

Towel warmers only emit a fraction of the heat when compared to a radiator of the same size, and when they are covered with fluffy insulated towels, their heat output is reduced further to virtually nothing.

Don't expect your bathroom to be warm when you have installed it. Unless your bathroom is naturally warm, or warmed from another heat source, you should add another radiator, or put the original one back instead of the towel warmer.

Towel warmers only emit a fraction of the heat when compared to a radiator of the same size, and when they are covered with fluffy insulated towels, their heat output is reduced further to virtually nothing.
but he wants it to look nice :) ,but then he ruins it and a cold room to boot . on a side note , i laugh sometimes at what i hear that is being advised in BQ
which really its the customer thats getting the raw deal , not saying thats where he went but these diy stores don't half talk some shyte .

Cheers for the tips guys. The only reason I used that setup is because I didn't want to have to bleed the system to remove the existing valves from the pipe work. I've now bled the system and put on nice looking straight valves and it all works a treat. The room is warm enough so I'm not fussed about losing a radiator - it was more to add a place for my wife and I to hang our towels rather than continue getting the back of our bedroom door damp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back