Heater faulty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm having problems with a dimplex storage heater. Half of it is not working. I changed two element for new ones and it worked a treat. Now it has packed up again and the same half is cold. Is there something else that's causing this problem or is it the elements again. The other half of heater is fine!

Bj

Sponsored Links
when did you change it, and what brand was the replacement part?

You can attach some photos and tell us the model number.

The elements in Dimplex storage rads are very resilient, ad they aren't going to fail in a short period of time.
It sounds like you are trying to fix things by guesswork, this is alwaiys a frustrating and expensive process, as you'll be swopping out perfectly OK items in an attempt to find the fault!

Storage radiators are very basic devices and its not difficult to find where the problem is, providing
1. you have a multimeter that can measure resistance and voltage
2. take a structured approach to the fault finding.

many Dimplex storage rads have control devices in the circuit, there's cut outs and at least one thermocouple on some.

As half of the heater is OK, it shouldn't be too tricky to sort out what may just be (what I suspect is probably) a bad/old/burnt out connection

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back