Heater gone in tumble dryer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint TL52 tumble dryer and recently I noticed that the clothes were not getting very hot during drying (drying time is longer also) I think one of the heaters must be faulty because it has 2 heat settings:hot and warm. Has anybody took one of these dryers apart before? where are the heaters? at the back, front? I'm a qualified sparky so have no worries about the job, just makes it easier and quicker if I know which screws to remove and how to get in there.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The heater is at the back and it's part No. is 1700880. When you have the outer back panels off, the heater is usually held in with a ceramic block, clamped with a small screw. You can usually see any breaks in the coils.

Thanks for the info fido. Good point about the stats Kev, will check this weekend.

Edit: Just done a price check and it is around £22 from espares, not bad really.

Sponsored Links
i havent worked on a td for years so may be wrong, but all i worked on heater is on a "plate" at the front. (surrounds door opening)

If this is the case you may as well change both elements, but do watch it one is longer than the other, this is the external one of the two.

But as i said i could be wrong about the location of the heaters

They stopped fitting the heater at the front at least 10 years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back